Excellent chance to join a firm with a robust and underserviced work stream. Consideration will be given to candidates from 2-8 years PAE.
- Very flexible work options
- Sign on bonus and work introduced bonus
- Unfettered progression, quality matters enviable of city centre firms
This firm is a specialist litigation firm run by ex Brisbane partners who saw an opportunity to service litigation south of Brisbane with the same skill as a top tier, city firm. This coupled with an honest approach has seen them accumulate a tremendous amount of quality work and repeat referrals. The type of matters this firm are currently involved in include the following:
- Building & Construction Dispute – filed proceedings against a City Council for breach of contract. This proceeding is over $10m.
- Body Corporate Dispute – firm filed proceedings against a Body Corporate for unlawfully repudiating a Care taking Agreement. This will be a 5 day trial.
- Debt Recovery Litigation – the firm have a trial in NSW for breach of contract.
- Property Disputes – Acting for an owner of a property seeking redemption of a mortgage. A bitter dispute between a son and mother regarding a mortgage.
- Public Examination – acting for Liquidators and examinees.
- Commercial Disputes – the firm are filing an Application seeking specific performance by the vendor/developer in respect of an off the plan contract.
This role is ideally suited to a commercial litigation lawyer (consideration given to anyone who is around 1-2 years up to a Senior Associate level) with insolvency and generalist litigation experience being extremely favourable .
As well as superb quality work you will have fantastic support of the partners, but you will get a fair amount of autonomy as to how things will run and endless opportunities for career advancement in the long term.
This is a firm run by young and realistic partners, who have found a work stream largely untouched by other large firms. The main advantage here is the chance to build your own practice longer term, without anywhere near the same level of competition someone at your level would face in Brisbane or the GC.
There is also an excellent bonus scheme (that isn’t tied to impossible targets or elements out of your control) and very flexible working arrangements. It’s worth noting quick promotion and advancement is very achievable here, particularly if you are the type of candidate who is motivated to go for it. Finally to make things very attractive, the firm are prepared to offer a sign on bonus to the successful applicant.
How to Apply
If the above resonates with you and you are keen to here more about this and other interesting roles we are working on, please contact Louise Gibson, Director on 0481 588698 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.